Zhaozheng Yin received his PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from Penn State in 2009, advised by Prof. Robert Collins, and received his Master and Bachelor degrees in University of Wisconsin-Madison and Tsinghua University where he worked with Prof. Yu Hen Hu and Prof. Li Cao, respectively. During his PhD study, he had summer internship with Dr. Cha Zhang (MSR) and Prof. Fatih Porikli (MERL). He also worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Carnegie Mellon University, in the Robotics Institute with Prof. Takeo Kanade during 2009-2011.
Zhaozheng Yin has held his current position as Assistant Professor in Computer Science at Missouri S&T since September 2011. He is a recipient of CVPR Best Doctoral Spotlight Award (2009), MICCAI Young Scientist Award (2012, finalist in 2015 and 2010), NSF CAREER Award (2014), Department Outstanding Junior Faculty Research Award (2014) and Missouri S&T Faculty Research Award (2014), Best Paper Award of CVPR Workshop on Understanding Hands in Actions (2015). He is named as Daniel St. Clair Faculty Fellow in the Computer Science department in 2015.
Two Ph.D. student positions are available in Yin’s Lab starting from Spring/Fall 2017.
· August 2016: NSF CPS Synergy project was awarded. $505k. 2017-2020. PI: Yin; Co-PIs: Leu and Qin.
· July 2016: One paper on Graph-based Semi-supervised Learning was accepted by ECCV 2016.
· June 2016: One paper on Hierarchical-CNN for cell event detection was accepted by MICCAI 2016.
· May 2016: Mingzhong Li defended his Ph.D. thesis and he will join Google. Congratulations!
· May 2016: Yunxiang Mao will go to Siemens for research intern. Congratulations!
· April 2016:
Srinivas Thandu won the 2nd Best Paper Award in the Intelligent System Center graduate research symposium.
Mingzhong Li won the 3rd Best Poster Award in the research poster competition of Computer Science.
Yunxiang Mao won the Best Poster Award in the research poster competition of Computer Science.
Congratulations to all!
· April 2016: The paper on seeing the invisible in DIC microscopy images was accepted by Medical Image Analysis (MedIA) journal.
· Jan 2016: Welcome Haohan Li (Ph.D. student) to join us!
· Dec 2015: Yin will co-chair the CVPR Workshop on Microscopy Image Analysis (CVMicro) in 2016.
· Dec 2015: One paper on Cell Segmentation using Multi-Exposed Microscopy Images was accepted by ISBI 2016.
· Oct 2015: One paper on sample selection for training the DCNN was accepted by WACV 2016.
· Oct 2015: One paper on interactive cell segmentation was accepted by IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging (TMI).
· Oct 2015: Wenchao’s paper on seeing the invisible in DIC microscopy was in the Young Scientist Award Finalist of MICCAI 2015!
· Sep 2015: Welcome the new research assistants! Ph.D. students: Xianglong Feng, Liang Han, and Srinivas Thandu; M.S. students: Wendy Chen, and Ayushi Mathur; Undergraduate student: Jieyi Hu.
· August 2015: Yin was selected as an Area Chair of WACV 2016.
· August 2015: One paper on human tracking using wearable sensors in the pocket was accepted by GlobalSIP 2015.
One paper on locating explosion event using smartphones was accepted by WiMob 2015.
One paper on vesicle fusion event detection and classification was accepted by MICCAI-CMMI 2015.
· July 2015: Yin was named as the Daniel St. Clair Fellow in the Computer Science department.
· July 2015: One paper on human activity recognition via smartphone sensors using Deep Learning was accepted by ACM Multimedia 2015.
· June 2015: Our paper on American Sign Language recognition using Microsoft Kinect won the Best Paper Award in CVPR workshop on understanding hands (Hands) 2015!
· May 2015: Mingzhong Li will go to Siemens for research intern.
Wenchao Jiang will go to Intuitive Surgical for research intern.
Have a productive summer!
· May 2015: Two papers on fusing visual and smartphone sensor signals were accepted by FUSION 2015.
· April 2015: Two papers on microscopy image restoration were accepted by MICCAI 2015.
· April 2015: NSF REU project was funded. $16k. 2015-2016. Welcome Hunter Park and Hannah Goodman as the undergraduate researchers.
· April 2015: One paper on Cell-sensitive Imaging by Multi-exposures was accepted by Medical Image Analysis (MedIA) journal.
· Mar 2015: One paper on Active Learning was accepted by CVPR 2015
· Jan 2015: Yin was selected into the program committee of MICCAI 2015.
· Jan 2015: One paper on using Deep Learning to detect Circulating Tumor Cells was accepted by ISBI 2015.
· Jan 2015: Yunxiang Mao and Yin attended the NSF I-Corps kick-off workshop in the Bay Area.
· Jan 2015: Yunxiang Mao attended WACV 2015 in Hawaii to present our paper.
· Jan 2015: NSF I-Corps project was funded. $50k. 2015. Yin is the PI and Yunxiang is the entrepreneurial lead.
· Dec 2014: Yin received Faculty Research Award from Missouri S&T.
· Nov 2014: Mingzhong Li presented our paper in ACCV 2014 workshop on User-Centred Computer Vision (UCCV).
· Oct 2014: Yin received Outstanding Junior Faculty Research Award from the department.
· Sep 2014: Yin attended MICCAI 2014 to present our paper.
· Aug 2014: NSF EPSCoR project was funded. $20,000,000 (my share: $661k). 2014-2019.
· July 2014: Yunxiang Mao attended the Doctoral Consortium at ICME 2014 in Chengdu and presented our paper.
· May 2014: Yin received NSF Career Award. $488k. 2014-2019.
Face recognition applications:
· Communications of the ACM: Feds creating facial recognition app to track college classroom attendance
· The Washington Free Beacon: Feds Creating Smartphone App to Make Sure Kids Don’t Skip Class
· Planet Biometrics: Science foundation proposes face recognition for class attendance
· Biometric Update: NSF to fund automatic attendance check system that uses smartphone camera
· Big Health Report: Feds Creating Facial Recognition App to Make Sure Kids Don't Skip Class
· Fast Company magazine: It’ll be a lot harder to cut class with this classroom facial-recognition app
· Radio (KBIA): Missouri S&T wants to use drones to inspect bridges
· Communications of the ACM: Multicopter' Hovercraft Improves Structure Monitoring
· S&T News: 13 important research stories of 2013
· EPSCoR Missouri: Crossing Engineering with Plant Sciences Leads to Comprehensive Research
· S&T News: 14 important research stories of 2014
· S&T News: CAREER project