Constitution of Show Me Anime
at University of Missouri, Rolla
The constitution that follows shall advocate the purpose of establishing, at the University of Missouri, Rolla, the club to be known as Show-Me Anime, hereafter referred to as the club. At the time of this writing, this club has no official emblems and no official affiliations.
II. Aims and Objectives
The objective of this club shall be to archive Anime (Japanese animation) for the purpose of making this Japanese art form available for viewing and appreciation by the students and faculty of the University of Missouri, Rolla.
The desire to view Anime shall be the only qualification for membership.
B). Classes of members
Shall be any currently enrolled student of the University of Missouri, Rolla. Regular members shall have the right to attend any regular meeting and participate in any other scheduled activities. Regular members do not pay the dues of a full member and do not have access to the club Anime library.
Shall be any currently enrolled student of the University of Missouri, Rolla. Full members shall have the same privileges as a regular member plus the added privilege of access to the club Anime library. In addition, only full members shall vote and hold office within the club.
Shall have the same privileges as a full member, excepting the privilege to vote and hold office within the club. This category shall be restricted to Faculty and Staff members of the University of Missouri, Rolla.
Shall include any person, not affiliated with the University of Missouri, Rolla, who makes a donation to the club library. He/She shall be granted privileges equal to those of a full member, excepting the privilege to vote and hold office within the club.
Voting rights are restricted to full members. Full members are also encouraged to endeavor to expand the club library whenever possible. Full and associate members shall pay dues as specified in section VII.
C). Method of expelling members from the club
A formal complaint shall be made to the club by any member. This may be done anonymously by contacting any officer of the club.
At the time of the first complaint, the offender will be given a formal warning executed at the discretion of the officers of the club.
At the time of the second and further complaints, a secret ballot will be held at the next convenient regular club meeting. Before the vote takes place, the offender shall be allowed to present a brief defense to the club. A simple majority by the members present is required for expulsion from the club.
Members expelled from the club shall forfeit dues paid to the club, lose all privileges associated with membership, and shall not be allowed to attend club meetings for a period not to exceed one full semester.
- The club shall have a President, Vice-President, Librarian, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- All officers must meet a minimum GPA standard of 2.0 and be full members of the club during their term of office. Full membership is not required for nomination.
- The term of office for all offices shall be one semester.
Elections for officers for the next term will be held at the final meeting of the present term. A call for nominations will be held for each office with a motion and a second required for each nomination. After all nominations have been recorded, voting shall be held for each office by a show of hands. Simple majority will decide the winning candidate.
Duties by Office:
- 1. President:
- The President shall be responsible for keeping order at all club meetings.
- The President shall have final responsibility for Anime selection.
- The President shall have responsibility for all administrative activities of the club unless countermanded by majority vote of the other officers.
- The President shall be responsible for interaction with faculty and other affiliations.
- The President shall share signature card responsibility for checks with the Treasurer.
- The Vice-President shall have final responsibility for equipment presence, safety, and operation at club functions.
- The Vice-President shall make the Anime presentations at the regular club meetings.
- The Vice-President shall take over the functions of all other officers that are unavailable.
- The Vice-President shall have final responsibility for the handling of public relations.
- The Librarian shall have primary responsibility for selection of Anime to be shown and for getting selections to the club meetings.
- The Librarian shall be responsible for archiving, ordering, and caring for all Anime media (Tapes, Laserdisks, papers, etc.) and any club equipment entrusted to the Library.
- The Librarian shall control the distribution of the club's Anime media.
- The Treasurer shall keep track of membership status and keep records of addresses/phone numbers of all members.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for accounting and financial recordkeeping.
- The Treasurer shall share signature card responsibility for checks with the President.
- The Secretary shall take minutes at meetings of the club.
- The Secretary shall have primary responsibility for public relations.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for keeping members posted on meeting times and events.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for making sure that proper cleanup is performed after all club meetings.
- 1. President:
Temporary vacancies will be filled by the Vice-President as stated above. Permanent vacancies will be filled by a special election using the same procedure as a regular election. Special elections will be held at the next convenient club meeting after the vacancy arises.
Impeachment of officers.
At any time that any member feels that an officer is not performing their duties properly, a formal complaint may be submitted to the club officers. Complaints may be submitted anonymously as defined in the expulsion procedures.
The remaining officers will vote without the party present. A unanimous vote is required at this time to continue the impeachment process.
After the officer vote, impeachment will be decided by a vote by the full members at the next convenient regular club meeting. Previous to the vote, the impeached party may present a defense to the club membership. The vote will taken by secret ballot, requiring a simple majority of non-officer full members present.
Impeachment means return to non-officer status and ineligibility for office for the remainder of the current term. Vacancies caused by impeachment will be filled by identical process as a permanent vacancy, election to be held during the same meeting as impeachment.
Any associate (faculty) member can serve as an advisor to the club as long as desired by both advisor and club.
Temporary committees will be selected by the President from the club's full members. All selections will be approved by officer vote accomplished by a show of hands and requiring a simple majority. Duties of the committee and duration of the committee are to be specified when the committee is formed. Extensions to the duration of a committee can be approved by a majority vote of the officers.
Dues will be determined by motions followed by a show-of- hands vote. A simple majority of full members is required to set dues. Decisions will be recorded by the Secretary and used until anyone wishes to bring another motion at a later date.
- All dues are to be paid before use of library privileges.
- Dues shall be payable to the organization.
A regular meeting shall start with a short business meeting where announcements will be made to the club, then the floor will be opened for any new business. After the business section of the meeting has adjourned, The Vice-President will present the Anime selections provided by the Librarian or the President.
Officer meetings are to be held prior to each regular meeting for the purpose of discussing official actions and the handling of official affairs of the club.
- Regular meetings are called by the decision of the officers. Officer meetings can be called by the President.
- Members present will always constitute a quorum as long as a majority of the officers are present.
- Robert's Rules of Order will be in effect at all meetings.
IX Anime Library
A library will be formed for the purpose of storage and care of all club Anime media. The library will also contain all equipment purchased by the club. The librarian will be responsible for this library, as stated above in IV-E. Any media or equipment in the library that is found to be of no further use to the club shall be donated to the UMR library.
X. Adoption of this Constitution
Ratification will be by 2/3 majority vote by the total full membership. This constitution will then be approved by the Student Affairs Committee and the Academic Council.
- Amendments shall be introduced by a motion and a second motion by any members at any meeting of the club.
Amendments shall be read at the subsequent three regular meetings. At the first and second readings, the amendment may be changed. A vote on the amendment will be taken directly after the third reading. In case of insufficient meetings remaining in a term, the readings will begin with the first meeting of the next term.
- Ratification will be by 2/3 majority of the total full membership. Amendments will then be approved by the Student Affairs Committee.
- Changes to bylaws shall be introduced by a motion and a second motion by any full member at any meeting of the club.
After the change is submitted, a vote will be held at the next convenient regular club meeting to approve the change. A simple majority of the full members is required to change the bylaws. After a passing vote, changes in the bylaws will be submitted to the Student Affairs Committee and the Academic Council for approval.
See attached form(s) for list of Bylaws.