advantage of ASME programs including:
- The Student Center (www.asme.org/students) filled with career
resources including the International Online Jobs Database, Resume
Referral Service and the ASME Jobs Coach, where you can get answers
to your most difficult career questions from experienced career
- ME Today, The Mechanical Advantage, and the
Student monthly E-zine--timely online advice on careers and up-to-the-minute
information on ASME programs, including scholarships, competitions
and news about your peers.
- ASME's e-mentoring program, providing individual student members
with guidance from an experienced engineer practicing in the field.
- The ASME Internship page, created to help you find the perfect
internship or co-op to fit your interests.
- ASME's monthly publication, Mechanical Engineering,
filled with up-to-date technical articles, free with your membership.
Apply online at:
ASME Student Section Goals
UMR strives to:
- Develop professional excellence of student members through leadership
and service opportunities
- Familiarize members with the versatile and continuously evolving
career field of Mechanical Engineering by providing informational
seminars, interactive discussions, and orientations detailing
recent developments within the profession
- Foster friendly camaraderie amongst student engineers and professional
contacts that will endure throughout their lives
For more information about ASME, read the ASME Constitution.