RULE II PLAYING PROCEDURES
RULE II THE GAME
SEC. 1 Objective
The objective of dodgeball is to eliminate all players of the opposing team by throwing one of four game balls and hitting the opposing player below the shoulders on the fly.
SEC. 2 Starting a Game
Each team starts with ONE (1) ball and then there are TWO (2) balls evenly spread on the center line at the beginning of each game. It is a sprint to the TWO (2) balls once the play begins. There is a five (5) second grace period after the initial rush before balls can be thrown.
Each team member must start with one hand on their back wall. Play begins on the referees signal of “Go” and “Dodge” after the five (5) second grace period after the initial rush.
SEC. 3 Eliminating the Opposing Players
A player is out if:
• They throw a ball that is caught by the other team.
• They get hit by a ball thrown by the other team. (If the ball does bounce off an opposing player and is then caught the thrower will then be out. This is true even if a different player catches the ball. However if the ball bounces off another ball, the ball is dead. ). Players may use the ball to block; however, if the ball is knocked out of their hand while blocking, they will be out.
• They hit another player above the shoulders.
• They cross the center line.
A player is not out if:
• Their ball is caught off the wall or ceiling.
• They get hit above the shoulders.
SEC. 4 Out of Bounds
A ball that hit any wall or ceiling is considered dead and is not back in play until someone has picked up the balls and throws it at an opponent.
SEC. 5 Off-Sides
The center line is the off-sides line. If any part of your foot or body touches the center line, you will be declared out and thrown ball will be dead.
SEC. 6 Stall Count
No player can hold the ball for longer than 5 seconds. Penalty- roll the ball gently to the other team. The opposing team is responsible for calling the stall count. For example: Stall 1, Stall 2, Stall 3…Stall 5. Then at this point the player must roll the ball over or is out.
SEC. 7 Court Procedures
Players are expected to be honest and take themselves out when the time comes. Once a player is out, they must stand with their back against the team’s right side wall. Players should not squat due to risk of being hit. Do not leave the racquetball court during game play unless an injury occurs.
RULE III PLAYING DIMINESIONS
The short line is the center line for the dodgeball tournament.
RULE IV IMA Points