Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Missouri S&T Student Chapter
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) is the world's leading professional society supporting lifelong manufacturing education. The SME, founded in 1932, has more than 65,000 members and has chartered more than 275 chapters and 240 student chapters, spread over 70 countries. Through member programs, publications, expositions and professional development resources, SME promotes an increased awareness of manufacturing engineering and helps keep manufacturing professionals up to date on leading trends and technologies. Headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, SME influences more than half a million manufacturing engineers, executives, and practitioners annually.
Some benefits include:
· Professional Networking
· Professional training and Professional Certification programs
· Free online courses
· Job search (post resume, view jobs)
· Locate manufacturing professionals to obtain answers to technical questions
· Free subscription of several engineering magazines; Free access to on-line issues
· Opportunities to increase your knowledge of manufacturing processes and technologies by talking to your colleagues and reviewing leading-edge publications and reference information
· Free and generously discounted, access to industry-renowned manufacturing trade shows, clinic
· Scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students
· Discount on books and video-based training programs, access to 45,000 technical papers etc.
You may join SME through its website ( www.sme.org ). Please mention S056 as chapter (or school code) to get student discount and benefits.
For more information please look us up on Facebook.www.facebook.com/smemst