Semester Specific Information
- Global Optimization Algorithms - Theory and Application
- The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to Evolutionary Computation
- D. H. Wolpert and W. G. Macready (1995) "No Free Lunch Theorems for Search", Technical Report SFI-TR-95-02-010, Santa Fe Institute
- A Field Guide to Genetic Programming
- For an excellent introduction to the mathematical analysis of evolutionary algorithms and related randomized search heuristics, including run-time analysis, complexity analysis, and the No Free Lunch theorem, see: Thomas Jansen (2013). Analyzing Evolutionary Algorithms - The Computer Science Perspective, Springer.
- For an excellent introduction to the theory of randomized search heuristics, including a tutorial on the No Free Lunch theorem, see: Anne Auger, Benjamin Doerr (Eds.) (2011). Theory of Randomized Search Heuristics, - Foundations and Recent Developments, World Scientific.
- For a detailed overview of problem representations, including genotype-phenotype mappings, for evolutionary algorithms, see: Franz Rothlauf (2006). Representations for Genetic and Evolutionary Algorithms, Springer, Second Edition.
- For a quick intro to self-adaptive parameter control in evolutionary algorithms, see: Oliver Kramer (2008) Self-Adaptive Heuristics for Evolutionary Computation, Springer.
- For an in-depth overview of experimental methods for the design of experiments and subsequent statistical analysis of optimization algorithms, see: Thomas Bartz-Beielstein, Marco Chiarandini, Luis Paquete, Mike Preuss (Eds.) (2010). Experimental Methods for the Analysis of Optimization Algorithms, Springer.
- For a wide overview of metaheuristic approaches for hard optimization problems, see: Patrick Siarry, Zbigniew Michalewicz (Eds.) (2008). Advances in Metaheuristics for Hard Optimization, Springer.
- Martin V. Butz "Rule-Based Evolutionary Online Learning Systems: A Principal Approach to LCS Analysis and Design", Springer, 2006.
- David E. Goldberg "The Design of Innovation: Lessons from and for Competent Genetic Algorithms", Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2002.
- Alex A Freitas "Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery with Evolutionary Algorithms", Springer, 2002.
Evolutionary Computation 1: Basic Algorithms and Operators, edited by Thomas Back, David B. Fogel and Zbigniew Michalewicz,
Institute of Physics Publishing, 2000, ISBN: 0-7503-0664-5
Evolutionary Computation 2: Advanced Algorithms and Operators, edited by Thomas Back, David B. Fogel and Zbigniew Michalewicz,
Institute of Physics Publishing, 2000, ISBN: 0-7503-0665-3
- J. Koza: Genetic Programming I, MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1992.
- J. Koza: Genetic Programming II, MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1994.
- J. Koza: Genetic Programming III, MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1998.
EC community websites
EC projects on the web