BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP FOR STUDENTS
- Weekly Meetings Fri. Noon-12:50 pm (regular semesters only)
- Second Floor, Havener Student Center, Missouri S&T Campus
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning-by-Doing to Supplement Classes
- This unique program provides flexible structure for regular practice and develops practical judgment through peer evaluation.
- Experience in Varied Speaking Situations
- Members deliver prepared speeches, answer impromptu questions, and run meetings in a supportive atmosphere. Basic and advanced speech projects are outlined in time-tested manuals and emphasize skills not topics.
- Enhancement of Professional Performance
- Effective communication skills are needed from job interviews to formal presentations. Participation in Toastmasters can polish speaking skills, enhance listening abilities, and increase confidence.
- Opportunities for Networking & Career-long Learning
- Toastmasters clubs are found worldwide and are often sponsored by corporations as approved training activities. Membership can be transferred to any of more than 12,000 clubs.
- Formal Recognition of Achievement
- Your resume and co-curricular transcript can show completion of an industry-recognized program of communication development.
- Educational Resources
- Membership includes practical project manuals, a monthly magazine, and other resources on speaking, listening, leadership, etc.