- Weekly Meetings Fri. Noon-12:50 pm (regular semesters only)
- Second Floor, Havener Student Center, Missouri S&T Campus
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Membership and Costs
- Membership in the Missouri University of Science and Technology Toastmasters Club # 4850 is open to all Missouri S&T undergraduate and graduate students.
- Dues are $40 every semester of which $4 is retained by the local club for its expenses and the remainder goes to the Toastmasters International organization.
- A new member is charged a one-time-only fee of $20 for materials received.
- For sample materials visit our Content page.
- Visit a Toastmasters club and obtain an application form
- Turn in the completed application form and the necessary dues to a club officer
- After an approval vote by the club, the application is processed and membership privileges are immediate
- Project manuals are included with membership
- Questions may be answered by the club officers and other experienced members
- Progressing through the speaking projects and assignments for the various meeting roles occurs at the rate and frequency with which you are most comfortable
- A supportive atmosphere for gaining experience in communication situations.
- A unique program of learning-by-doing and peer evaluation.
- Opportunities for leadership development and training.
- Time-tested speech manuals for developing basic and advanced communication skills.
- Two advance speech manuals are free once the CC Award is earned.
- The monthly Toastmasters magazine which presents communication techniques, ideas, and opinions. See the Steps to a Better Interview pdf (Example from the Toastmasters Magazine)
- Professionally prepared educational materials and resources on speaking, listening, parliamentary procedure, leadership, management, etc.
- Formal recognition of achievement in communication and leadership.
"As a member of Toastmasters International and my Club, I promise . . .
- To attend Club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speeches to the best of my ability
- To willingly prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the Club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To willingly serve my Club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow Club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to Club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities"