Lecture 29: First Law of ThermodynamicsObjectives: In this lecture, students will learn to
- define thermodynamic work
- relate the state variables for the ideal gas through an equation of state
- distinguish between isobaric, isothermal, isochoric and adiabatic processes
- formulate the 1st Law of Thermodynamics
- apply the 1st Law of Thermodynamics to special processes for an ideal gas
- distinguish between monoatomic and diatomic gases
Please take a moment to fill out the Teaching Evaluations.
I value your feedback and suggestions - Thank you!
|Thermodynamic work and First Law of Thermodynamics||lec29_2.mp4||with captions|
|Ideal Gas||lec29_3.mp4||with captions|
|Isochoric (V=const) process||lec29_4.mp4||with captions|
|Isobaric (p=const) process||lec29_5.mp4||with captions|
|Isothermal (T=const) process||lec29_6.mp4||with captions|
|Constant V vs constant p; monoatomic vs diatomic gases||lec29_7.mp4||with captions|
Homework assignment: HW #29