Honors, Awards, and Professional Activities
- Joseph LoCicero Award, IEEE Communications Society, 2014;
- Humboldt Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 2014;
Awards Reception at Schloss Bellevue.
- Director of Conference Publications, IEEE Communications Society, (2014 - 2015)
- Keynote Speaker, IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China, Xi'an, China, August 2013
- IEEE Fellow Evaluation Committee for IEEE Communications Society, (2012 - 2015)
- Board of Governor, IEEE Communications Society, (2012 - 2014)
- Keynote Speaker, International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing, Huangshan, Anhui, China, October 2012
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Vehicular Technology Society, (2011 - 2015)
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Communications Society, (2011 - 2013)
- Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, (2010 - 2013);
- Faculty Research Award, Missouri University of Science and Technology, December 2010
- Technical Program Chair, IEEE International Conference on Communications, Cape Town, South Africa, May 2010;
Leadership Team and Keynote Speakers.
- Fellow, IEEE, 2010
- Founding Chair, IEEE Technical Committee on Wireless Communications, (2007 - 2008)
- Founding Area Editor, Transmission Technology, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, (2006 - 2009)
- ETA KAPPA NU Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Missouri-Columbia, December 2004
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, (2002 - 2006)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, (2002 - 2005)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I, (2002 - 2003)
- Associate Editor, Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing, (1998 - 2005).