Dean’s Scholar, College of Engineering and Computing
Zhaozheng Yin received his PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from Penn State in 2009, advised by Prof. Robert Collins, and received his Master and Bachelor degrees in University of Wisconsin-Madison and Tsinghua University where he worked with Prof. Yu Hen Hu and Prof. Li Cao, respectively. During his PhD study, he had summer internship with Dr. Cha Zhang (MSR) and Prof. Fatih Porikli (MERL). He also worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Carnegie Mellon University, in the Robotics Institute with Prof. Takeo Kanade during 2009-2011. Zhaozheng Yin has been a faculty member in Computer Science at Missouri S&T since September 2011. He is a recipient of CVPR Best Doctoral Spotlight Award (2009), MICCAI Young Scientist Award (2012, finalist in 2015 and 2010), NSF CAREER Award (2014), and Best Paper Award of CVPR Workshop on Understanding Hands in Actions (2015). He received the Department Outstanding Junior Faculty Research Award in 2014, Missouri S&T Faculty Research Award in 2014 and 2017, and Missouri S&T Faculty Excellence Award in 2018. He is a Daniel St. Clair Faculty Fellow in the Computer Science department since 2015, and a Dean’s Scholar in the College of Engineering and Computing since 2016. He has been an Area Chair of MICCAI2015, WACV2016, CVPR2017, WACV2018 and WACV2019.
Two Ph.D. student positions are available in Yin’s Lab starting from Fall 2019.
· November 2018: Md Moniruzzaman won the 3rd Best Poster Award in the Intelligent Systems Center graduate poster competition.
· November 2018: Yin received the Faculty Excellence Award from Missouri S&T, evaluated based on the performance of research, teaching and service in the last five years.
· Oct 2018: One GAANN grant was funded on Big Data, Machine Learning and Analytics for Security and Safety. $597k. Sanjay, Das, Fu, Jag and Yin (Co-PI)
· Oct 2018: One GAANN grant was funded on Automated Mining System. $746k. Frimpong, Das, Duan, and Yin (Co-PI)
· Sep 2018: One NSF grant from National Robotics Initiative 2.0 was funded. $1.5M. Lead institution: Leu, Yin (PI), Collaborative institution: Gao (CWRU) and Gloria (UF).
· May 2018: Two papers were accepted by MICCAI 2018.
· May 2018: One paper received the Best Paper Award on Data Analytics and Information Systems in IISE 2018.
· May 2018: One research grant on lung image analysis was funded by 12 Sigma Technologies Inc. $44k. PI: Yin.
· April 2018: Tianyi Zhao received the NIH Student Paper and Travel Award in ISBI 2018.
· April 2018: Md Moniruzzaman won the 2nd Best Paper Award in the Intelligent Systems Center graduate research symposium, Missouri S&T.
· February 2018: Yin received the Faculty Research Award from Missouri S&T, evaluated based on the performance of research in the last two years.
· January 2018: One MATC grant on image interpretation was funded. $60k. PI: Yin
· January 2018: One DoT grant on analyzing images from bridge inspection was funded. $80k. PI: Qin, Co-PIs: Long and Yin.