The goal of the Mine Sustainability Modeling Group is to provide sustainable mining decision support through the application of modeling, simulation & optimization.
Current Research Thrusts
- Sustainability assessment and reporting
- Renewable energy integration in mining
- Critical minerals
- Applications of discrete choice theory and agent-based (multi-agent) modeling to mining stakeholder analysis
- Discrete event simulation of mining systems
- Dr. Kwame Awuah-Offei (faculty lead)
- Dr. Sisi Que (collaborator)
- Dr. Atta Ur Rehman (collaborator)
- Ioanna Paschalidou (PhD candidate)
- Eugene Gyawu (PhD candidate)
- Ayorinde Akinrinlola (MS student)
- Hussam Altalhi (MS student)
- Noah Aluko (MS student)
See full list of publications here.